Tuesday 15 October 2019

Dimensional Bunting with a tag featuring Pink Smoke paper collection | Photo Tutorial


Hello Crafty Folks

Do small things with great love...words to live by, and I am glad that this applies to every small creative artwork of mine. This season, Dress my craft launched their Easy cuts die cut machine. As a craft enthusiast and as a brand ambassador, I became more curious and decided to test it out.

This was the cutest thing that sat on my craft table and I jump-started with my projects straight away. I first decided to run this machine with the dies that are sized to fit this Machine. Now I decided to use Pink Smoke paper collection from dress my craft. This paper pad is an absolute  joy to work with.  It totally works with my color palette. You can find more of my work  on my social media pages:

Facebook:vandanasenthil / iridescentsecrets
youtube:vandanasenthil iridescent secret art
instagram:iridescent secrets





The die I used where: Foliage and leaves / Big Flower die.



I took the size which fitted the acrylic plates and placed the metal die, the sharp edge on the paper and the flat surface upwards , between the two acrylic plates and ran it through the machine.The result was a crisp piece of flower.
After getting four Flower cut out I set them aside and reached out for the floral oriental paper collection as I wanted a watercolor effect on the flower cut outs.

Using the Floral oriental paper ,I water colored these with Metallic accents from Prima .


You can see how crisp the flower edges looks.Super thrilled,,half of the flower  I decided to fold the flower right at the center.
See that the printed or painted side is out and this way you can do all the four flowers.Then the folded half part gets attached to the next half folded flower .
This creates a dimensional form to the flowers.Just add two more flowers and you get a full dimensional flower.Now before you attach the last petal if you feel like running a string through this,then this  would be the time to do it .If not ,you could always use it as separate flower.
This is how it should look.I chose to alternate between the printed pattern papers and the water color paper.
Once I loved the look of this, I went ahead and looked around for more pattern papers from dress my craft.I pulled out The dots and stripe collection and also this vibrant floral paper from Magnolia paper pad.
The bigger dies in this die set match the sizzix cutting machine(Crafters corner)I made a bunch of flowers from this metal die.
I switched between the two different set of dimensional flowers I made.The results were these beautiful flowers strung along .Now I could either use these as buntings for wall to wall decoration or just spread them through the runner at the center of my table or prop it on the mantle piece.These looked  heavenly.
The next thing, I wanted to try was  the Foliage and leaves metal dies.At this moment I decided to do a tag and see how the metal dies worked as these had some intricate designs.I had to see if these would cut in so finely.
Prepped the tag with the Gesso  medium  and also cut  the pattern paper to the tag size from Pink Smoke.
using the artist  canvas stencil  to create an interesting effect

These are the cut outs from the metal dies under the Foliage and leaves category.Supplies used will be mentioned below.I did a bit of water-coloring on it.I took The Finnabair stamp set and stamped the dragonfly to create an area of interest.

I also took the Motif sheet from dress my craft and fuzzy cut  the elements along with the stamped image  .The motif sheet is very useful to create an Ephemeral effect on your tags ,cards any scrapbook related stuff.

Now layering all the elements on one top of the other to create a layered effect.

I also added few sentiments to the tag from the Romantic Rose and Pink Smoke Motif sheet .


Hoping that these projects fill you up with lots of inspirations and good vibes.Thank you for stopping by.

Products used from Dress my craft:
Pattern papers
Pink Smoke 12 *12
Dots and Stripe 12*12
Magnolia collection 12*12
Die cuts and machine:
Easy cuts  Machine
Big flower metal die
Foliage and leaves #5
Foliage and leaves#7
Foliage and leaves #11
Motif sheets:
Pink Rose collection
Romantic Rose Collection
stencil:
Artist canvas stencil


Dress My Craft, Social media handles:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/dressmycraft
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dressmycraft
Youtube: ​https://www.youtube.com/dressmycraft


Dress My Craft products are available at

For Indian customers -​www.crafterscorner.in 


For International buyers - www.scrapbook.comwww.dressmycraft.com​ ( FREE SHIPPING ABOVE 150$ WORLDWIDE)






No comments:

Post a Comment