Monday 29 June 2020

Shadow Box Frame using Dress My Craft Shrink-Prink Flowers and Butterfly

Dear Friends

Shalini Pahwa here today, Most of us are, these days, mostly at home with restricted movement outside to go for shopping etc. A couple of days ago, my cousin expressed her desire to buy something for her daughter's birthday. But she was afraid of going out because of the current situation. I suggested her to make something which can be done at home with materials easily available from 'Dress My Craft'. Today I present to you the same creation that I suggested to her which made her and her daughter's day so special.



I suggested a 'Personalized, Hand-made, Shadow-box Photo stand', entirely made of various materials available at Dress My Craft.Size of the Shadow Box Frame is 5"x7".


For this I created a shadow box out of pattern paper of "Sweet Treats"collection of Dress My Craft. You can use one which closely associates with you or the receiver of this lovely stand. 


I pasted a few motif and shaker elements on the side walls of the box. On the top I pasted a chain (available at Dress My Craft) and decorated it with jump rings made from shaker elements of Dress My Craft-Fruit Salad Slices.
To decorate the shadow box, I used various cut-outs from Dress My Craft motif sheet. I also made exquisite flowers and butterfly using shrink prink frosted glass sheet of Dress My Craft (a wonderful product with immense creative possibilities), and added matallique wax gold on shrink prink daisy flower. I also made a couple of flowers using foam sheet and arranged all these flowers at the base of the box. I added letter "T" with the arrangement, available at Dress My Craft-Golden Round Letter Beads.



To complete the box (and make it look apt for a birthday present), I used some acrylic chain-baby pink, floral beads and fruit salad slices at the sides and top of the box-inside. The window displaying the photo was then decorated with cut-out using Dress My Craft-Crochet Lace Border die.





At the back of the box, I created a space for a pull-out photo, so that you can change the pic whenever you feel like.
To finish the stand, I created a stand rest at the back.




I am sure you would like this simple but still wonderful creation and would surely try it at home. Do let me know your comments and suggestions.

Have A Great Day!!!
My Blog

My Facebook

My Instagram:

My Youtube channel


Dress My Craft, Social media handles:

Dress My Craft products are available at

For Indian customers -www.crafterscorner.in
For International buyers - www.scrapbook.com
www.dressmycraft.com ( FREE SHIPPING ABOVE 150$ WORLDWIDE)

For wholesale or any queries please email us to info@dressmycraft.com

No comments:

Post a Comment