Friday 5 June 2020

Shrink Prink Ring Bowls | Photo Tutorial

Hello there,


This is Ujjwal and I am so excited to be on here again after a break. I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe during these uncertain times! I finally got a chance to play with the fascinating Shrink Prink and I am totally blown away! I have been seeing its magic unfold since January when it was launched at Creativation and now that I have tried it, I can assure you it is worth all the excitement.

Before I share the details on the project, I just wanted to share my social media handles so you can connect with me if you'd like to. You can easily find me at,

Facebook: Handmade with Love
Instagram: Handmade with Love

Shrink Prink is such a versatile product and you can do so much with it even without any fancy tools or dies(even though I have seen magic happen when you do use it with dies) and today I wanted to explore this for those of you who are still new to crafting and do not own the tools.



I ended up creating these adorable tiny ring bowls and all you need is Shrink Prink, a marker, and a heat tool to make these. How cool is that?


Here's how you can make your own. 

Start by tracing a circle using any round dish/bowl with a black marker. If you have the Nesting Circle Dies, you could also die-cut the biggest circle. The circle I drew measures 7 inches in diameter approximately.



 Next, draw a pattern of your choice using the marker. Or just color with soft pastels. Your choice.


 Once you are happy with the pattern, cut along the circle using a pair of scissors.

Then using a heat tool, apply heat evenly to the cut circle by moving the heat tool across the circle. The circle with move and dance and wiggle and will eventually flatten out while shrinking to approximately 50% of its original size. They remain pliable for 5-10 seconds before they become rock hard. So use this time quickly to shape the circles into cute, little bowls.



As you can see, I experimented with 3 different designs. A freehand flower, a geometrical pattern with random solid areas(filled with black acrylic paint), and another freehand symmetric pattern. Mandala designs would love equally good here.


Once they are set, they will be rock hard and unbreakable and the prettiest little thing you have seen. Use them to keep your craft supplies like sequins or buttons or put them on your dresser to hold little pieces of jewelry. Or pack them with M&Ms and you have the cutest party favors. The possibilities are endless.


I hope you enjoyed this idea and are tempted to try Shrink Prink to make your own version.

All the products featured in this project are as follows:

Dress My Craft, Social media handles:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/dressmycraft
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dressmycraft
Youtube: ​https://www.youtube.com/dressmycraft


Dress My Craft products are available at

For Indian customers -​www.crafterscorner.in 


For International buyers - www.scrapbook.comwww.dressmycraft.com​ ( FREE SHIPPING ABOVE 150$ WORLDWIDE)

No comments:

Post a Comment