Saturday 31 August 2019

3 ways To use Dress My Craft Glitters.


Hello everyone!
Design team member Heena here Today I will be sharing some fun tips and tricks of using Dress My Craft glitters. Dress my craft has a variety of glitters for all your crafting needs right from flower making to mix media, with different thickness, texture and shine. 




1) Glittered Background. 




To create a glittered background Here we use the double-sided tape to adhere the glitter on our background. Here I have used a 10mm wide double-sided tape to create a stripy glittered background however you can also use wider tape to cover a larger area.



Here I have applied the double-sided tape along the pattern lines going diagonally and trimmed the excess tape off.


Next, remove the backing and sprinkle the glitter covering the entire area then shake off the excess. Here I have Used Dress My Craft Micro Sparkling Dust. 


Tip: After you shake the excess of use a baking/ parchment paper on top and run it through your die-cutting making. This step will ensure that all the glitter is pressed and stuck to the tape and there is no fall offs. And you're Done!

  
This is how the finished card looks!




2) DIY Glimmer Paste.

Glimmer Pastes are very popular in the stamping world and here I will show you how you can make one!



To make your glimmer paste you will need Dress My Craft Microfine glitter powder (This glitter powder is super fine and has a beautiful sheen to it) and any transparent mixed media gel Here i have used Soft Matte Gel from Finnabair. 
Mix equal parts of the glitter and gel on a palette and use a palette knife to apply it and use a heating tool to dry. You can also Apply this paste through your stencils.



Here I have applied the paste on a blended Distress Oxides and stamped background.



This is how the finished Card Looks! 



3) Glitter on flowers.

Glitter adds that whimsical touch giving life to your handmade flowers. 


To Apply Glitter to your paper flowers use a flat painting brush and apply a clear drying adhesive to the flower petals and sprinkle the glitter of your choice and shake the excess off, let it dry naturally.

For Foamiran flowers, Use a clear drying Permanent adhesive like glossy accent or soft gloss gels to adhere the glitter. 






There are tons of other ways you can use your glitters, Dress My craft has a huge variety of glitters from chunks to powders to sugar cubes and you must check it out. These are some of the ways I like using my glitters, I hope you liked the post.
Thank you for stopping by!
Heena xo


Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment