Wednesday 26 December 2018

Magical wand and a pop up card + Tutorial

Hi Creative Peeps

I am in a  festive and merry mood, of course its that time of the year again ! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

This season I had been hooked to making lovely wands and when the Magical Unicorn papers from Dress My Craft arrived, I couldn't help myself but make one !! And instantly thought of using the most gorgeous glitters from DressMyCraft to make the magic come alive.

The unicorn craze has taken me over since long , could I stop at just a wand? ! Of course, not !! So I also have a pop up card to share with you all today. Both the projects have a step by step easy to follow instructions. Just scroll ahead !

This is what we'll be making-


For the wand, here are the measurements that are tried and tested several times :P


I use 2 strips of 3"x12" strips and 2 strips of 1.5"x12" strips in papers of your choice.


Now here I had to admit that the Dress My Craft scoring tool made my life much easier compared to previously owned , especially with this step where I  make score lines that are just .25" wide on the four strips of paper cut above in the first step.



I have folded the paper strips along score lines to make hill and valley fold. And generously sprinkled with sparkling dust and rainbow chunky glitter.


Here I started to arrange the folded strips on a small piece of round chipboard. I have used one strip to cover one half hemisphere of the wand and the second strip to cover lower half hemisphere.


In the next step I have arranged the two smaller strips in the same manner and fitted it to align with the existing folds of large strip.


Magical unicorn die cuts from Dress My Craft , some flowers from stash, feathers, a horn and an ornate chipboard flourish finish off the wand I have a stick covered in washi tape ready to be stuck at the back of wand.


Here is a close up and of course in day light ! Sorry, lighting Seattle is not too good, hence the pictures above ! :P


And voila ! Something magical came up


Are you getting the unicorn vibes already ! Lets hop on to the next project which is a pop up card




For the pop up card , please note down the above measurements and get your pattern paper ready.
Here I have used Floral Oriental cardstock from DressMyCraft for the base.


That's how the box card will come along when stuck at the ends and with patter paper in place.


These are some die cuts and fussy cutting from Magical unicorn paper pad. Note the transparency strips I have cut to stick them to my card.


This is how I have arranged the die cuts with transparencies on the strips of paper placed inside the box card.




And again ! Magic ....!

I hope you enjoyed looking at these today, feel free to ask any questions in the comments below and don't forget to check out the products used along with links from where you can directly buy .

Supplies Used:

DressMyCraft scoring tool

DMC products are available at www.crafterscorner.in for India customers and at www.dressmycraft.com for the International customers.

Facebook : www.facebook.com/dressmycraft
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/dressmycraftLIVE Facebook Videos: https://www.facebook.com/crafterscornerlivetvYoutube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCExYyDP3Ag_uJk1MkxRz38w

Orders over 150$ are eligible for Free shipping internationally.


Craft Create Magic
Shubhra


No comments:

Post a Comment