Monday 13 July 2020

Rainbow cake

Hello, my dear crafty friends!

Jasmina today on the blog. I was inspired by Magical Unicorn paper collection to make this vibrant and colorful project. I decided to make a paper cake with 12 cake slices, with a rainbow as a shaker element on top.

While making my rainbow, I came across an idea to make rainbow-colored roses. And I am glad I did it because I absolutely love the result. They are colored with 10 different shades of ink pads. It took me so much time, but it was worth it.

You can follow me here:
Instagram: HandmadebyJasmina
Youtube: Handmade by Jasmina
Blog: Jasmina




All the flowers are made with Soft Floral Oriental Collection. For the roses, I used Ruffled Roses Cutting Dies, and for the small white flowers, I used Six Petal Flower die set.


I used Magical Unicorn 12"x12" paper pad for the base of the cake slices. Fussy cut elements belong to Magical Unicorn Motif Sheets and the sentiment belongs to 6"x6" paper pad.


I used Nesting Circles die set to create my rainbow.


The leaves are made with Foliage & Leaves #5 die set. I have also used Classic Doily die, Tropical Swirls die set, and Embossing Folder with Heart Pattern for the lids of the cake slices.


I put in my shaker rainbow a lot of elements. White, pink, and purple flower pearls, together with a bunch of shaker slices and sequins.




In the end, I sprinkled all over my cake with Rainbow glitter, which gave it a more fairytale look.







List of all products I used for this project:

Papers:

Cutting dies:


Thank you for your visit and I hope you like my project!
Jasmina


Dress My Craft, Social media handles: 
Youtube: ​https://www.youtube.com/dressmycraft

Dress My Craft products are available at:
For Indian customers -​www.crafterscorner.in 
For International buyers - www.scrapbook.comwww.dressmycraft.com​ ( FREE SHIPPING ABOVE 150$ WORLDWIDE)

For wholesale or any queries please email us to info@dressmycraft.com.

1 comment:

  1. Love your rainbow roses! How did you make them using the different colored inks? Did you have to ink both sided of the paper or did the ink soak right through the paper? What brand of ink did you use and what colors? Would love to learn on how to make them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete