Wednesday 21 November 2018

Treat Boxes - Tag Punches + tutorial

Hello Crafty Folks,

The Festive season has ended and now we await for a brand new year, with new hopes and new possibilities and with lot of scope for learning and teaching! I can't wait for the new year and soak in all the positivity and the new resolutions!!

I'm here today with an idea inspiration to make some treat boxes for the coming gifting season using the newly launched Dress My Craft punches. I have used the tag punch to make my treat boxes and to show how versatile we can be with our ideas, I have 3 different kinds of embellishment done on each box to capture the essence of all the varied kinds of boxes we can create.

Lets check out a picture of how these 3 boxes looks like before heading onto learn, on how to make these boxes. I have tried boxes with varied sizes and yes, altered a box a little to have a little surprise hidden inside one of those.
Of course, these are to be filled with treats (as the name suggest), but I went a step further to convert one into a surprise box as well.



Lets learn how to make these boxes. I have a picture tutorial on  how to make the base for these and then let your imagination take a turn while embellishing the boxes.



 1.  Take a piece of cardstock measuring 4.25*10.5 inch and score it as per the measurments in the pic above. We would be making the treat boxes to be of 2.5 inch in LB and will variate the height . 2.5 is taken since our punch has the max capacity to take a paper whose width is 2.5 inchs.
In these treat boxes, we would be making the base seperate and then put up individual pattern paper on each of the outer side to make the boxes.
I have 2 of such boxes measuring as in the above pic.


2. Take another cardstock measuring 5.75 *10.5 inches and score it as shown in the above pic, taking the reference from the top cardstock panel as in the pic.
the below 1.5 inch in all the 3 boxes is where the boxes would be closed at the base.


3. Now fold the base of the boxes and then your bases are ready!! Now cut pattern papers of the size 6*2.5 and then punch then as use them to cover the sides of the boxes and you are then ready to embellish the boxes.

Checkout on how my boxes turned out to be!

I made one box to go along with the Mixed media theme and another on a kiddish theme.








Remember the 3rd box? Lets checkout what I did with that little one.


I converted this little one into a explosion box!!! Darn good idea, right.. lets check on the inside of this little one.

I wanted to make a little cake inside, but this being a small treat box, I made a small collated platform where I could add my embellishments and loved the tiny details added to this one.





I also added few tags made with the tag punch on the sides to write down some messages.


I hope you liked the treat boxes and would want to try them out soon.

1. Rectangular Tag Punch
2. Circle 2 inch punch
3. Bubblegum stars
4. Magnolia 12*12 paper pack
5. Charming baby girl 12*12
6. Cherry Blossoms
7. Curved Roses




DMC products are available at www.crafterscorner.in for India customers and at www.dressmycraft.com for the International customers.

Orders over 150$ are eligible for Free shipping internationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment