Friday 20 September 2019

Simplest Things Can Be Beautiful-Rounded Tag Punch Card Tutorial

Dear Friends,

Shalini Pahwa here, today I am presenting to you my latest collection which is like a journal card with multiple leafs and tags. I got the idea of this card when I got hold of this great product of Dress My CraftRounded Tag Punch. This Punch creates tags of different sizes. And I have used this in this creation of mine which I have called “Tag Card”.

The multiple leafs and tags in this card can be used to express your deepest feeling for your special one – a great personal handcrafted gift for the upcoming festival season.


So let's start with tutorial:

To create this card, I initially used the white card stock to make base of 3 of the same sizes. 
Paper size: 4.25"x 9.5"

The bases then are scored differently based on which is the bottom most base and which is the top base.
Base 1-Score at 1.75" on left and right side, Base 2-Score at 2" on left and right side, Base 3-Score at 2.25" on left and right side as seen on picture


I then covered these bases with Dress My Craft Hydrangea Lawns Pattern Paper on the front side and the flaps. The back center side is left as it is.
The back sides of these bases are then joined together with tacky tape on three sides. The fourth (top) side is left open which will thence create two pockets.


In these pockets I inserted two tags made from Rounded Tag Punch. These tags are of different sizes which gives a great look to the creation. Size 2.5"x 6", 2.5"x 5.5"

The flaps created in the front after sticking the bases are also covered with pattern paper. On top of these flaps I have attached two tags horizontally thus creating a lovely closure through which a ribbon can be inserted to act as a closure for the flaps.

The card decoration includes hydrangea flower using motif sheet are fussy cut and pasted to give it a 3 dimensional look. Beads and sequences are added on the front flap for decoration.





I have used stencil-Swirls with modelling paste, sequence and beads on the inside of the flap for decoration as I have sparingly done.
The inside of the card (base visible after the horizontal tag closure is opened) is finished with a butterfly, bird, sentiment made using motif sheet and decorated with some Dress My Craft Blossom Green Sequence and Flower Pearls-Snow White.



You can, as I have done, finish the edges of the card with cutouts made from Dress My Craft- Daisy Border Punch, and added some fuzzy cut of Hydrangea Flowers.

The flaps, the inside of the card and the two pull-able tags inserted in the pocket of the base can be used to express your feelings or your messages to the receiver of the card.

I hope you liked the 'Tag Card' and would surely try to create something similar for your loved ones in the upcoming festive season. Do let me know if you have any queries regarding this card.

Do also let me know how you liked the creation.

Happy Crafting!!!

Products Used:
Hydrangea Lawns-6"x 6" Pad
Hydrangea Lawns Motif Sheet
Daisy Border Punch
Rounded Tag Punch
Teflon Bone Folder #2
Mini Score Board
Paper Trimmer
Blossom With Green Sequins
Flower Pearls-Snow White
Swirls-Stencil
Satin Ribbon Twine-Off White

Dress My Craft, Social media handles:
Facebook : www.facebook.com/dressmycraft
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/dressmycraft
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/dressmycraft

Dress My Craft products are available at

For Indian customers -www.crafterscorner.in
For International buyers - www.scrapbook.com
www.dressmycraft.com ( FREE SHIPPING ABOVE 150$ WORLDWIDE)

For wholesale or any queries please email us to info@dressmycraft.com

1 comment: