Thursday 5 April 2018

Mystic house

Hi Craft Peeps !

Once yo start getting a hang of Mixed media , its quiet addictive ! Its like breathing and thinking about MM all the time, and with some awesome DMC products I have been able to add such dimension and texture to my project that it goes beyond amazing !

I have created a Mystic house in a whimsical forest setting, I started with small wooden crate boxes and a wooden hut. After applying layers of gesso, rust and patina pastes , I embellished my creation with clay embellishments using Prima mould, lots and lots of moss and moss powder by Dress My Craft.

Check out some pics below along with a brief description



After all the painting and drying, I added texture with DMC leaves, Moss, moss powder, micro pearl beads, antique golden beads !


The hanging bulb is filled with some DMC sequins mix along with a burlap cord which is also available at DMC. The opening for the bulb was very small and I loved how the sequins mix had different sizes, even so small as to fit inside the bulb :D
The bluish stone effect is created with Natural cocoons from DMC. They were white originally, I covered it up in mesh cloth, painted with black gesso and added some turquoise satin wax from Finnabair.




I have tried to conceptualize stones falling out of a miniature cane basket and with the cocoons and miniature basket it was super easy to achieve.


Here is the side view, which is also rich with textures and some prima clay embellishments.

I hope you like it, if you have any question, let me know in the comments.

Supply List:



Hugs
Shubhra

1 comment:

  1. It is indeed so mystical,love the textures and the hanging bulb..

    ReplyDelete