Saturday 26 May 2018

Magnolia Explosion box + tutorial

Hi Friends

I am so excited with the reveal of Magnolia papers at DressMyCraft. They are such a delight to work with ! The blues and the pinks with some garden papers are such a beautiful mix of colors along with the jaw dropping images , the car loaded with flowers, dream catchers, window panes with flower buckets..ooh .. simply droolworthy <3 <3

There are also co ordinating motif sheets that are absolutely amazing for some easy fussy cutting when you do not want to waste the paper and also gives you a very good size of the image.

Another new introduction are the flower pearls, these are gorgeous colored beads that can be used in so many ways , especially with mixed media madness, they are a must have !

Moving to my creation for today, I made an explosion box in mixed media style ! The papers, motif sheets and a lot of fussy cutting are really the highlight, the papers and prints do the ,agic and combine it with flower pearls and DMC sequins, viola ..its done ! I have a step by step process for you to enjoy !

Here is what I made , following this would be how I made : )


For me, the cutest image was this car and I just kept thinking of a spring wedding when I looked at it ! Luckily I had a sentiment that conveyed exactly how I was feeling .



Like I said, the flowers and all other motifs from the paper itself , stole the show :P


Instructions:

Step1:

The explosion box measures 12x12 inches when open and 4x4 inches when closed with a lid, like a box. So I started with a 12x12 inches sheet of white cardstock and scored at 4" & 8" on both the sides of the paper.


The squares marked 'X' at the 4 corners were removed and I scored rest of the lines to form the box.


Step2:

Next I have cut a plain pink cardstock as a base on the white cardstock , just to add some interest and layered it with Magnolia papers


Step3:

Step 3 was to start putting together each of the 4 squares and embellish with some fussy cut images, I will post a separate picture of each square so you can notice what I have done


I have distressed the edges of pattern paper with a scissors and added some cheesecloth sprayed with Lindy's mist.


This fussy cut image from the motif sheet has the windows opened using a cutter so later I can add some sequins/ glitter/ beads.

Fussy cut flowers and a heart shape form the center of this square.


And the 4th one has a fussy cut dream catcher from the motif sheet again along with flowers cut from one of the papers

Step 4:

To each side I now added a sticker/ rufia/ pollen and for that mixed media finish, I added flower pearls and sequins




Step 5:

To make the center of the explosion box, I took a piece of thermocol a little smaller than the center (4x4 inches) and wrapped a fussy cut fence around it from the Magnolia papers


I made some cuts in the thermocol with a cutter and added thinly cut transparent sheet to which I wanted to add some fussy cut flowers.


Here is how it turned out


Step 6:

For the lid, I used a 6x6 inches paper, score at 1" from all four sides.


I did some fussy cutting and added flowers , leaves from DMC to complete the lid


Here is how I finally arranged it


Ta da ..!! Its done ! I hope you like it, do check out the supplies list below

Magnolia papers
Flower pearls
Leaves
Roses
Sequins
Fairy flowers
Magnolias motif sheet


Ciao

Shubhra

No comments:

Post a Comment