Sunday 27 May 2018

Magnolia MixedMedia Cards [Mini Tutorial] by Bipasha

Hello my craft angels!
This is Bipasha here. I have two mixed media cards for you today. I love layering and adding details to my designs. So for today's project the brand new DMC's "Magnolia" paper pad was a match made in heaven,-with its most beautiful patterns and detailed designs in pastel hues! The different projects ideas you can use this for is endless and I totally love the fact that Dress My craft with its each new  release gives us the freedom to mix and match the paper collections!


Here is a small step-by-step to guide you through the process.

Select two sets of patterned papers from the pad in a combination of one of the pages being in one colour and the other can be heavily patterned. When you are layering, with each addition of the a top layer you aim at toning down the colour and bringing the attention of the viewer to the focal point of the project.


I tore down papers, distressed the edges and attached some vellum and my most favorite used and dried tea bags to add some interest and vintage effect.



And that's it! I fussy cut out a number of elements from the motif sheets and adhered it on my card along with other embellishments from my stash. I switched from foam tapes to sticky tapes based on wherever i wanted additional depths. Here are some close-ups.








Hope you all enjoyed this mini as much as I enjoyed designing them! Please leave your questions in the comments, if any.

Supplies list:
Magnolia 12*12 paper pad
Floral oriental cardstock
Magnolia motif sheet
Sequins

Hugs,
Bipasha




No comments:

Post a Comment