Monday 21 October 2019

ARTY MEMORABILIA – A Shabby Chic Wall Art with Pink Smoke Collection

Dear Friends,

Shalini Pahwa here with another inspiration with Dress My Craft Pink Smoke Paper Collection. A must have collection for every creative person.
 A wall art with one of your most cherished photograph is probably the best piece of decoration on the walls of your sweet home. More so if the art piece is meticulously crafted with different hues of colors, papers, beads, flowers, all giving a mystique shabby chic look.


 Today I am presenting an artistic shabby chic-look wall art with a photo-layout. This ‘Arty Memorabilia” can be a lovely keepsake for those special moments with your loved ones. You can hang it in your living room or your bed room, also enhancing the ambience of the place.

To make this Arty Memorabilia I have used various techniques and products of DMC. Just to help you with the process of its construction, below is a tutorial steps that I followed to give this wall-art its final shabby chic look.





I created the base using Dress My Craft-Pink Smoke Paper Collection. On this pattern paper base I applied clear gesso so that my base is ready to accept various effects that I am planning to give on it. Around the central portion of the base I pasted blocks of chipboard, and modelling paste using stencil and a layer of white gesso and then applied color on it to make it gel with the base. At the bottom of the base I gave a hint of watery effect.


Then I pasted two cut outs of Tag Punch just above the block base. Above the tag punch I created a panel with Dress My Craft-Pink Smoke Paper Collection. Thus my basic layout of the wall-art is complete.



I decorated the wall-art with cut outs of flowers, butterflies, leaves etc. which I fussy cut out of the motif sheet by Dress My Craft.







I then added beads and sequins to the base and twine to the tag punch to give the wall-art that shabby chic look.


To complete the wall-art, I added lovely sentiments from motif sheet of Dress My Craft.


I am sure you would like this wall-art and would try creating one of your own during the upcoming festival season. Do share your experiences and any comments that you may be having on my creation.

Thanks and wishing you great festivities.

Products Used:
Pink Smoke Collection Kit
Paper Trimmer
Rounded Tag Punch
Red Heart Sequins
Angel Mix Sequins
Flower Pearls-Snow White
Crystal Ice Cube

Dress My Craft, Social media handles:
Facebook : www.facebook.com/dressmycraft
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/dressmycraft
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/dressmycraft

Dress My Craft products are available at

For Indian customers -www.crafterscorner.in
For International buyers - www.scrapbook.com
www.dressmycraft.com ( FREE SHIPPING ABOVE 150$ WORLDWIDE)

For wholesale or any queries please email us to info@dressmycraft.com

No comments:

Post a Comment