Friday 4 September 2020

Decorating Containers using Transfer Me Sheets

Hey crafty friends!!  Are these Transfer Me sheets amazing or what?  You can put them on anything to spruce it up!  I just grabbed some plain containers from around my house and now they're gorgeous!

To see all the Transfer Me sheets (and good luck trying to choose!!), click here:  Dress My Craft Transfer Me 

Please don't forget to follow me on Instagram!  

To create this beautiful bucket, I grabbed a silver tin bucket (from IKEA) and covered the outside with white Gesso.  I had to apply 2 coats to get good coverage.  After it was completely dry, I grabbed the Vintage Door Transfer Me and cut out the image I wanted.  I took of the clear top coat and then submerged it in water for 15 seconds.  Once it was good and ready, I placed it on the bucket and used my fingers to push down and rub the white backing.  Then, I slowly pulled the white backing down to reveal the transferred image!  

For the green and blue paint specks you see on the bucket, I used a water brush and distress oxides.  I used Pine Needles and Broken China.  I also added twine for a handle using a hot glue gun.


Because this vase already had a rough finish on it, I didn't need to prime it at all.  I just cut my images from the Dream Door Transfer Me sheet and placed them on the vase using the same technique as mentioned above.  I used the same distress oxides and the same twine.  With embossing paste and the Carte Postal stencil, I created a few textured spots around the vase.


For my last container, I used a glass wide mouth canning jar.  For this jar, I used the Vintage Fruits #1 Transfer Me sheet.  I used all the same techniques as mentioned above.






I had so much fun sprucing up these boring old containers!  Thank you so much for stopping by the Dress My Craft blog and reading my post!  I hope you are inspired!  

Have you made anything with Transfer Me sheets?  Comment on this blog post with links so I can see your creations!

Xoxo, Amanda

Products Used:
Transfer Me - Vintage Fruits #1 https://www.dressmycraft.com/dmcdp1366
Transfer Me - Dream Door https://www.dressmycraft.com/dmcdp1421
Carte Postal - Stencil https://www.dressmycraft.com/carte-postal-stencil


Dress My Craft, Social media handles:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/dressmycraft 
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dressmycraft 
Youtube: ​https://www.youtube.com/dressmycraft


Dress My Craft products are available at

For Indian customers -​www.crafterscorner.in 
For International buyers - www.scrapbook.com

​www.dressmycraft.com​ ( FREE SHIPPING ABOVE 150$ WORLDWIDE)

No comments:

Post a Comment