Sunday 18 October 2020

YOU'VE GOT LOVE MAIL - an artistic mail box with Mini Tag Journal

 Dear Friends,

Shalini Pahwa here today...I remember an old quote that I read somewhere "Every Heart is a mailbox... So why don't you send some feelings..."

Today I am presenting an arty 'Tag Journal' in a creative mailbox shaped capsule - so that each one of you sends some lovely feelings to the ones you care for, this festive season.

The Tag Journal and the mailbox have both been created using various products of 'Dress My Craft'. I have covered the mailbox with 'Chirping Birds' series of pattern paper from the "Me Collection" of Dress My Craft. Each pattern in this collection has its own unique enchanting design which stimulates my creativity and encourages me to try something different every time. Handmade Flowers created using Dress My Craft dies.

I have also used Rounded Tag Punch of Dress My Craft to create the tags in different sizes. The ribbon twine and the beads used on tag are just perfect to embellish your love messages on the tags.










Below is the step by step procedure to make the Tag journal :

Take two Card Stocks (size 7" X 5.5"

Score the 7" side at 3.35" & 6.5"

Score the 5.5" side at 0.5" & 5"

Fold and make two pocket envelopes as shown in picture.

The final size of the envelope would be 3.25" X 5" H (with top flap)




In one of the envelopes score at 2" from below and fold. Secure it from sides with tacky glue to make a small envelope of 3.25" X 3" H (with top flap)





Paste it on top of the bigger envelope from sides & bottom. This would create four pockets for Tags.



For creating tags :

Using rounded tag punch to cut various tags of sizes : 1.5" x 3"; 2" x 4.25"; 2" x 3.25"; 2.25" x 5.75"

Each bigger sized tag has been combined with smaller sized tag to create layers and attached with ribbon twine with bead ends.

The tags are then decorated with laces, distress ink and sentiments from Motif sheet (Hydrangea Fawn Collection) etc.





i hope you all will love this work. Do share your creations.


Have A Great Day!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment