Friday 22 November 2019

Christmas Gift Box Tutorial using Dress My Craft Poinsettia Flower Die

Dear Friends,

Shalini Pahwa here today, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. It’s time to celebrate together with family and friends, exchange lovely presents and sing out loud.

"There is something about Christmas time
Makes you wish it was Christmas everyday
It’s the time of the year when everyone’s together
When the ones you love are there
You can feel the magic in the air
You know it’s everywhere…
It’s something about the Christmas time
Makes you wish it was Christmas everyday"


The most awaited thing about Christmas are the presents one receives from loved ones. These are the most cherished possessions and spread a smile and bonhomie around.

Today I am going to showcase an interesting handcrafted Christmas box which would not only put smile on the face of receiver but would create awe around because of its distinctive creation. The unique thing about this box is that it is created only by creasing and folding a sheet of cardstock without any pasting involved. The hand crafted flowers and the beads, sequins and sentiments on the box would reverberate the cheerful Christmas spirit.








Let me enumerate step wise process of creating the lovely ‘Christmas Box’

Let me enumerate step wise process of creating the lovely ‘Christmas Candy Box’

·        To make the box, I took a card stock of size 11"x 8"
·        I scored the card stock at 2.5", 3.5", 6", 7"  and on the other side score at 1", 10"as shown in the image below


·        It was then creased on scored edges to create an open box.
·        The creased paper is then carefully folded and your unique box without any pasting is ready



·        I then pasted pattern paper from Christmas Bell collection of ‘Dress my Craft’. This is a lovely pattern paper with wonderful designs and colors to choose from.
·        The edges were then distressed
·        I also pasted some Swirls on the top of the box which were made using Tropical Swirl Die of Dress my Craft.


·        Separately, created the lovely Poinsettia flower. I am in love with this flower which is supposed to bring good cheer, success, mirth and celebration during the Christmas time.
·        To create the Poinsettia flower I used Poinsettia Flower die by Dress my Craft to make the petals and leaves of the flower.
·        I used the groove tool for shaping the petals and then colored them using archival unk-carnation red . Similarly I colored the leaves in using archival ink-leaf green
·        I also applied some Archival ink-Plum and Prima Metallique Wax Aged Brass on the edges of the petals for that divine effect.




·        I then arranged the petals and leaves to get the lovely bright colored Poinsettia.
·        I then sprinkled some frosting powder on the flower to replicate the natural frost of the cold-snowy weather of Christmas.
·        This flower was then arranged on the Candy Box.
·        Some Christmas ball, bag and sentiments were then fussy cut from Dress my Craft motif sheet and pasted on the box.
·        I added some beads and sequins and sentiments on the top to complete this exquisite box.




I am sure you would like my creation and create something similar for your loved ones in the upcoming Christmas / Holiday season.

Would love to hear your comments and queries if any

Products Used:
Poinsettia Flower Set
Frosted Sugar Powder
Christmas Bells Collection Kit
Paper Trimmer
Tropical Swirls Die
Flower Pearls-Snow White
Multipurpose Scoring Board 12"x12"
Groove Golf Tool Set
Teflon Bone Folder

Dress My Craft, Social media handles:
Facebook : www.facebook.com/dressmycraft
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/dressmycraft
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/dressmycraft

Dress My Craft products are available at

For Indian customers -www.crafterscorner.in
For International buyers - www.scrapbook.com
www.dressmycraft.com ( FREE SHIPPING ABOVE 150$ WORLDWIDE)

For wholesale or any queries please email us to info@dressmycraft.com

No comments:

Post a Comment