Tuesday 18 February 2020

FLORAL GARDEN with Dress My Craft Flower Making Dies and Soft Oriental Paper

Dear Friends

Shalini Pahwa here today...In this ‘Month of Love’ & the ‘Month of Spring’, I have created something that is very close to my heart – FLOWERS. I believe Flowers are God’s gift to this earth. As the famous French writer & poet Gerard De Nerval once said, “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” They paint contrasting colors along the ground and bring joy to many. Their elegance and delicate touches have us all in awe and exhilaration. Flowers inspire us to ‘Open the bloom of your heart and become a gift of beauty to the world’.



To be frank I have been making flowers from paper since many many years. But the experience that I got last week in making these lovely flowers is just indescribable. This is because of the wonderful dies and truly exquisite papers of ‘Dress My Craft’ that I used in creating this breathtaking piece of art.



To make my ‘Floral Garden’ I created ‘Cherry Blossom’, ‘Rhododendron’ and ‘daisy’ flowers. To make these flowers I have used the dies of Dress My Craft. However the best part was the paper used to make these flowers – which is the best I have ever used in the past. It folds nicely, grooves evenly and gives that final lustrous and fresh look to the floral petals.


Besides the floral dies, I have also used floral beads of Dress My Craft & leaf die to create the intertwined leaves in my ‘Floral Garden’. To complete the Garden, I spread out my flowers on Dress My Craft Pattern Paper from Vintage Lady Paper collection, pasted cut out using ‘Background Dies’ of Dress My Craft and some lace elements using ‘Border Punch’ of Dress My Craft. Where there are such a lovely garden, birds can’t be far behind. So to complete my ‘Floral Garden’, I have done fussy cutting of birds from motif My Vintage Lady paper pad of Dress My Craft and pasted it. I also attached moss to complement the garden look. In the centre I created a space to paste a pic to someone who is as dear to you as mother nature to make my ‘Floral Garden’ more meaningful and an object of admiration. 









Hope you liked my creation. Do let me have your comments.

Enjoy your lovely Spring Days…


Products Used:
My Vintage Lady 12"x12" paper pad
Daisy Border Punch
Leafy background Die
Daisy Flower-Flower Making Cutting Dies
Curved Flower-Flower Making Cutting Dies
Four Petal Flower-Flower Making Cutting Dies
Micro Mini Thread Pollen-Yellow
Flower Pearls-Golden
Foliage & Leaves#3 Flower Making Cutting Dies

Dress My Craft, Social media handles:

Dress My Craft products are available at

For Indian customers -www.crafterscorner.in
For International buyers - www.scrapbook.com
www.dressmycraft.com ( FREE SHIPPING ABOVE 150$ WORLDWIDE)

For wholesale or any queries please email us to info@dressmycraft.com



No comments:

Post a Comment