Sunday 9 July 2017

Mixed media tags using Dress My Craft Floral Exotica & Floral Oriental Collection Paper

Hello my dear crafty friends,

Hope you all are doing good and enjoying and getting inspiration from Dress My Craft Design Team projects.. So here we are in July and this month we are focusing on Papers only. Yes!!
We all will be working with Floral Exotica & Floral Oriental Collection Paper.
This paper pack contains 10 sheets of 12x12 inch Premium White Card stock which are acid and lignin free. It is 280 gsm so it's quite think and can be used for various purpose.



                                

Well I have tried these for flower making, stamping, color blending and this is perfect paper for any kind of Card making, scrapbook, decoupage base, album making, backgrounds and Mixed media etc.

Today I am going to use them in mixed media. Yes I have a picture tutorial and you can find the video tutorial on Dress My Craft YouTube channel, I will only be showing how i used gesso and modelling paste on these papers and you will be amazed that due to the thickness both the papers are quite sturdy and you don't need to use and chipboard base for your tags. Well this is totally optional if you want to use or not. In my previous post of Mixed media Tags, I have used chipboard base for my paper, as that was a pattern paper having less gsm. But today I wanted to try without base as this will also let you know the quality of these papers.

It was totally a trial for me but I was amazed to see the effect of colors on these papers. It was amazing..
Do you want to see??
Yess!!!
So let's see what I have created.













































































































First we will start with Floral Exotica Collection. I am using the brush with rough tip so it creates beautiful stripes background with gesso. Then I used different stencils by Tim Holtz & Dusty Attic to make backgrounds on both the papers.






























Similarly I did for Floral Oriental Paper. Due to it's thickness and good quality it will lie flat after heating it.




I used Heidi Swapp color shine spritz Hot Pink & Butter. Can you see how beautifully the colors have came out?


You can see the background effect of the brushed gesso and stencils...both are looking 




































Now I am taking Leaf chipboard from Dusty Attic and I brushed that with Distress Crackle paint (Shabby Shutters). After heating up, it gives nice crackle effect on the chipboard.



























Now I tied white thread on the tag and assembled it. After this I took some nice beautiful flowers that goes well with the theme and color and arranged the flower cluster.




























This is Floral Oriental Collection and see the background effect.








I have used distress ink on the Leaf chipboard. I used Gathered Twigs distress ink as it was going very well with whole color theme of this tag.



And now you believe that we can use these papers for mixed media. The paper will not tear or fall apart despite of spraying water on to it for color blending. Well after making this, I must say that if you are a mixed media person then do try it and share your projects tagging me. 

I hope you get some inspiration from my projects. I would love to hear from you all.
Hop on to YouTube channel for video tutorials. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs
Sampada



4 comments: