Friday 7 July 2017

Video Tutorial : Altered Hoop (DMC's Cardstock + Groove Golf tool set)

Hello wonderful people, this is Bipasha with a video tutorial (link at the post end) demonstrating some cool uses of the products of the month, DMC paperpack and groove golf tool set.

I have designed my own version of the very popular altered embroidery hoop; it's one of the project that always fascinated me and I thought that it's high time now that I design one of my own.

You might have seen many inspirations of these cardstocks have been specifically used in flower making worldwide, so I tried to use it in making a canvas hoop. I absolutely love the thickness (250gsm) which is apt for any artform, cardmaking, flowermaking, scrapbooking, mini-folio albums, journaling and mixed media, 3D paper crafts.


I selected the Floral Exotic cardstock for my canvas mainly because of its more water absorbent quality compared to the Oriental, as I was going to create some marble watercolour technique fof my background with the distress inks and water! However, Oriental cardstocks are stiffer than Exotic, but as I had a matt board to support my canvas, I was fine with not having a sturdier art base specifically for this purpose. Both these papers have excellent and similar smooth texture, crisp stamping properties, die cutting and blending with distress ink properties. They are a must have for card making, scrapbooking, journaling and any 3D paper art projects.

Groove Golf Tool is generally used for making Clay Flowers and Clay Modelling or for embossing the paper flower cut outs to create realistic customised paper flowers. But in my project I used its other function, like creating textures with the teeth of the biggest groove tool and using the piercing end of the mini golf tools to make tags.






Here is the video tutorial link



Products used from DMC:


I hope you enjoyed the inspiration and thanks for staying with me till the end of the post.
Happy crafting xx
BK

3 comments: